An innovative tool for hospitals and health systems that want to share cost estimates with patients prior to care to help improve collections and reduce the risk of bad debt.
Advancedtechnology to support the bottom line
Provide accurate cost estimates to drive upfront collections
Calculate patient out-of-pocket costs using data from payer contracts, physician and facility fees, historical charge data, and the patient’s benefit information.
Enhance patient satisfaction to drive loyalty
Retain patients by offering cost transparency that helps build trust, enables patients to plan and budget for payments, and helps eliminate surprise billing.
Engage patients early to help reduce the risk of bad debt
Guide staff in creating accurate cost estimates that incorporate physician fees, outpatient services, and inpatient care, so they can have upfront financial conversations with patients and prompt timely payments.
Facilitates compliance with government mandates
The ability to provide an estimate of the expected charges for a service, including additional charges to be reasonably expected, helps ensure compliance with the Good Faith Estimate Provision of the No Surprises Act.
Accurate calculation of patient costs
- Help non-clinical staff identify services a patient is likely to receive
- Generate cost estimates by modeling your contracts with payers, loading historical inpatient and outpatient procedure charge information, and inputting patient benefit information.
- Incorporate anticipated physician fees, outpatient services, ambulatory surgery, and inpatient care
Help increase collections
- Offer a written estimate, provided via email or in-person
- Engage patients in financial discussions prior to care
- Help eliminate surprise billing
Stay Up to Date with Government Mandates
- Provide patients with a good faith estimate of expected charges.
- Protect consumers from surprise medical bills.
- Include estimate letter with necessary, government-mandated information.
Join Community discussions
Find and share knowledge, exchange ideas, and collaborate with peers and Change Healthcare experts to drive your solutions to success.