Financial Counseling Services
On-site patient financial counseling services for hospitals and health systems that want to educate patients on their financial options to help collect more revenue.
What’s included in Financial Counseling Services
Pre-service and point-of-service patient education
- Get pre-service or point-of-service education or counseling
- Our benefits advisors handle patient financial conversations
- We educate patients on their healthcare benefits, financial responsibility, and options
- Process includes confirming eligibility and insurance verification
Point-of-service financial counseling and collections
- Get financial counseling when a patient enters the emergency room
- Counseling is offered when patients are admitted to the hospital or for outpatient procedures
- Benefits advisors are with you and your patients onsite
- Advisors are trained to be compliant with state and federal regulations
Customize to your organization's needs
- We support multiple hospital and health system care settings
- Use our services for inpatient, outpatient, and emergency departments
- We configure our solution to complement your existing processes and staff
- Help your team stay focused on other patient access and revenue cycle tasks
Help collect more paymentswith patient financial counseling
Expert patient financial counselors to address financial responsibility
With specialized focus, our patient financial counseling services handle patient financial conversations before and at the point of service, educating patients on their financial responsibility, payment, and assistance options. We’ll help communicate financial responsibility to patients with onsite specialists. This will enable staff to stay focused on patient access and revenue cycle tasks.
Pre-care education to help patients prepare
Before a patient’s scheduled care, our patient financial counseling team helps patients understand their financial responsibility and have initiated payment plans, if needed. Our patient financial counselors reach out to patients at least three days prior to a procedure.
Full-service financial counseling to help save time
Our patient financial counseling process includes confirming eligibility and insurance verification, identifying coverage sources, communicating financial responsibility, establishing payment plans, and collecting and processing payments. We’ll help establish patient payment plans in accordance with provider policies.
Patient financial counseling to help increase payments and satisfaction
Help collect more patient payments while maintaining patient satisfaction. When using our counseling services, providers often collect more from patients while maintaining patient satisfaction.
Need support for
- Patient Eligibility & Enrollment See how our Eligibility and Enrollment Services decrease uncompensated care and reduce bad debt by helping self-pay patients find funding sources for medical bills. Learn more
- Coverage Insight Our insurance verification software is an analytics-driven solution for identifying undisclosed coverage for patients, while adhering to anti-phishing regulations. Learn more
- Financial Clearance Services See how our eligibility and financial clearance services help decrease uncompensated care by helping patients find appropriate funding sources for medical bills. Learn more
- Clearance Estimator Patient Direct See how our healthcare cost estimator tool for patients helps post the cost of care online to drive volume and patient satisfaction while meeting CMS price transparency requirements. Learn more