Social determinants of health datasets and analytics for payers, TPAs, providers, employers, and life science organizations that want to better understand at-risk populations and devise effective interventions.
- Pinpoint social determinants of health—such as education, ethnicity, or household attributes—that affect your at-risk populations. Gain insights into your unique population with custom reporting and analysis based on integrated consumer and claims data.
- Enhance financial analysis by incorporating social determinants of health correlations for at-risk populations. Use SDoH data to improve risk scoring, identify short and long-term outcomes, and better predict utilization.
- Better understand your at-risk population. While 80% of an individual’s health status correlates to SDoH, risk profiles from clinical, claims, and utilization data account for just 20% of a patient's overall health outcomes.
- Improve patient outcomes and lower costs for at-risk populations with targeted interventions that address the specific challenges impacting your population.
- Access high-quality, real-time SDoH reports from the nation’s largest warehouse of deidentified claims and remittance data, updated daily and combined with national-level consumer behavior health data to offer robust datasets.
- Help ensure compliance with secure data processes that align with the highest standards of HIPAA compliance. We maintain de-identification and ensure all data and analytics are statistically verified by a third-party expert.
Apply SDoH Insights to More Effectively Targeted Populations
Comprehensive Social Determinants of Health Data
- Comprehensive SDoH data sets include financial attributes, education data, household characteristics, ethnicity, and health behavior based on the most recent three years of data.
- Uncover robust SDoH insights with unparalleled data breadth that extends beyond your organization. Enables comparative analyses spanning claims, remittances, and national-level consumer behavior health data.
- Data depth includes 1.2 - 1.3 billion medical claims, 750 million pharmacy claims, and 80 million lab orders and results. Our data also includes history on over 220 million unique patients dating back to 2012.
Strategic Insights with Unlimited Use Cases
- Help reduce costs by focusing on prevention. Identify members’ SDoH status and analyze the highest correlating determinants for your at-risk population. Insights can inform specific prevention programs to yield better outcomes.
- Enhance your predictive capabilities for expenses by leveraging insights that allow you to better predict future disease burden, healthcare utilization, and expenses.
- More accurately predict medication adherence and identify opportunities to improve compliance.
- Explore correlations between social determinants of health and the ways in which patient populations use the healthcare system in the following settings: outpatient, inpatient, and emergency room.
Customized Deployment Options
- Directly license SDoH data to perform your own analytics on your own network, filling in SDoH gaps in your operational systems.
- Receive timely, customizable reports and monthly alerts. On average, 50% of claims are warehoused and available within one week of treatment date, and 85% of claims are available within one month.
- Combine SDoH data with pre-selected datasets in a secure hosted environment with our Data Science as a Service. Deploy advanced data analytics and modeling always on compliance for customized uses.
Individualhealth correlates to SDoH
Individual health correlates to SDoH1
of patients disclose SDoH stress to their physician2
1 The Brookings Institution, "A dozen facts about the economics of the U.S. health-care system." March 10, 2020.
2 Jessica Kent, “Costs Fell by 11% When Payer Addressed Social Determinants of Health.” Health IT Analytics, June 5, 2018.
3 Jaime Rosenburg, “Survey Highlights High Prevalence of Social Determinant Challenges, Need to Better Address Them.” American Journal of Managed Care, December 16, 2018.
Need support for
- Change Healthcare Enterprise Imaging Education Center Improve user competences with our self-paced training videos that provide the knowledge and skills to effectively manage our Enterprise Imaging solutions. Learn more
- Change Healthcare Cardiology Charge Manager™ Discover our cardiology charge capture system that helps providers eliminate duplicate data entry and ensure that all charges match documentation. Learn more
- Change Healthcare Cardiology Cath™ Discover our cardiac cath lab workflow software for hospital catheterization labs that want to manage workflows. Learn more
- Change Healthcare Cardiology Echo™ Learn why our Cardiology Echo solution is the image reporting and information management solution for cardiovascular service lines that want to save time and money. Learn more
Join Community discussions
Find and share knowledge, exchange ideas, and collaborate with peers and Change Healthcare experts to drive your solutions to success.