MedRx™ is a solution for pharmacies that want to improve their medical-claims billing efficiency, revenue, and customer satisfaction.
What’s included in MedRx™
Medicare, Medicaid, and commercial immunizations
- Smart Messaging alerts your staff at the point of engagement when a customer is eligible for an immunization (e.g. flue, pneumonia, shingles, etc.)
- Helps improve customer service and drive sales
- Access real-time eligibility to check a customer’s Part B Medicare coverage and identify other existing coverage
- File Medicare Part B vaccination claims as part of your standard pharmacy workflow
Automation for workflows
- Administration-fee calculation
- NDDC (National Drug Code) to HCPCS (Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System) mapping
- ICD-10 (International Classification of Diseases) submission
- Pharmacy-to-Medicare billing-unit conversion
- Customers frequently achieve 99%+ payment rates
Durable medical equipment (DME)
- Easily bill for all major categories
- Includes diabetic supplies, ostomy supplies, inhalation drugs and supplies, oncology agents, immunosuppressive drugs, and hardware rentals
- Help prevent denials by determining eligibility for medical supplies and subjecting claims to CMS policy, format, and cardholder edits
- Automatic edits help remove the burden for you to stay on top of CMS policy
- Use Cross Check to integrate Medicare supplemental data on the front end to help ensure accurate patient collections and avoid customer refunds
- Receive messaging at the point of sale if your pricing is below the plan’s allowable amount
- Simplify billing by submitting your DME claims in the standard NCPDP format using your pharmacy-management system
Recovery and denial management
- Smart Release helps ensure accurate pick-up dates are captured and reflected on Medicare Part B/DME claims
- Automated date corrections help eliminate disruptions to your workflow
- Help recover substantial revenue using our MedRx Recovery Medicare specialists to initiate documentation requests, appeal denied claims, and manage denials through the final determination
- Gain insights from quarterly and annual reports on billing issues, documentation compliance, and Medicare Durable Medical Equipment, Prosthetics, Orthotics, and Supplies challenges (DMEPOS)
- Use this information to train staff to help ensure future Medicare compliance and to help reduce denials
- Outsource labor-intensive physician outreach for audits
- Out Audit Action specialists manage the entire audit process, including documentation from pharmacy and corporate staff and contacting physicians for medical records
Optimizepharmacy billing and boost revenue
Connect directly to payers to help increase efficiency
Use MedRx to connect to a broad network of commercial and government payers directly from your pharmacy-management system to bill medical claims. Plus, use advanced, front-end editing capabilities to help prevent denials and accelerate reimbursement.
Denial and appeal processes to help recover revenue faster
Improve denial and appeal processes for DME claims to recover revenue faster and to help prevent future DME denials. Our MedRx specialists manage physician and pharmacy outreach to obtain compliant documentation. Optimize compliance and audits by engaging our specialists to obtain physician records and completed documentation and to manage claims to final determination.
Real-time eligibility information to help improve patient outcomes
Access real-time eligibility information, including for Medicare Part B, Medicaid, and commercial plans, to determine coverage for immunizations and DME supplies and rentals with MedRx. Receive messaging prompts at the point of service when a customer is eligible for immunizations, driving sales and satisfaction. You’ll receive prompts when your DME pricing is below a plan’s allowable amount.
Providing Measurable Value
Average audit success rate
Overall Medicare payment rate
Resources and Brochures
Earn Medicare CEC and Stay Medicare Compliant
Medicare audit and documentation compliance pharmacists and pharmacy staff: learn how to be better prepared for an audit while earning Medicare Audit Compliance continuing education credit (CEC).
Need support for
- Pharmacy Revenue Cycle Management Discover how our pharmacy revenue cycle management solutions can improve financial performance at your pharmacy. Learn more
- Pharmacy Clinical Services Platform See how our pharmacy clinical service platform uses real-time pharmacy data and clinical data to improve patient’s well-being and simplify healthcare business. Learn more
- Prescription Co-pay Patient Assistance Program Discover how our co-pay assistance program improves customer satisfaction and medication adherence from your patients. Learn more
- Enterprise Pharmacy Management System See how our pharmacy management solution enables efficient prescription fulfillment, facilitates compliance, and advances customer care and satisfaction. Learn more
Join Community discussions
Find and share knowledge, exchange ideas, and collaborate with peers and Change Healthcare experts to drive your solutions to success.