Halifax Health Speeds Accurate Registration and Eligibility Verification
Learn how the hospital used Clearance Patient Access Suite to streamline front-end processes and accelerate eligibility verification, improve registration accuracy, and increase patient payment collection
Overcoming the Challenges of a Transient Patient Population
Because many of Halifax Health’s patients come from out of state, the hospital wanted to increase the speed and reliability of registration and eligibility verification to financially clear patients faster and collect payment upfront.
“Sometimes patients don't know that they have insurance, or they're unsure of what coverage that they have. The Clearance Patient Access Suite allows us to verify the benefits almost immediately and gain a clear picture of what a patient’s financial liability is going to be.”
Angela Bolte - Patient Access Manager - Halifax Health Medical Center
Clearing Patients Faster and Collecting More Payment Up Front
Not only has the hospital been able to verify eligibility more efficiently and consistently, it has seen improvement in registration accuracy. Before implementing AhiQA, about 91% of the hospital’s accounts were correct. Now, after screening with the AhiQA tool, the organization runs about 99% accuracy.
Clearance Patient Access Suite
Enables Rapid Verification of Patient Eligibility, Coverage, and Identity
The suite of tools offers everything a hospital needs to financially clear patients and assist in collecting payment early in the revenue cycle, optimizing workflows from registration through point-of-service collections
- Confirm patient benefits and coverage in near real-time using the industry’s largest network of payers
- Gain a clear picture of patient financial responsibility
- Use information to educate patients and collect payment upfront, including co-pays, deductibles, coinsurance, or self-pay payments
- Spot registration errors at a glance and see whether additional insurance information is needed
Quality Check Registration with the Patient in Front of You
AhiQA software screens accounts for errors and sends a warning to the registrar, informing them of issues to review and update to keep data clean.
- Identify errors in real time immediately after registration is complete
- Reduce the need for manual quality assurance audits
- Directly connect with the United States Postal Service database to verify addresses and resolve inconsistencies