A comprehensive pharmacy claim solution designed to increase third-party reimbursements and improve in-store productivity.
Provide proven, real-time pre- and post-edits as prescription claims are routed to and received from the third-party processor.
- Override a suggested edit to allow a claim to process without an update.
- Identify outdated ingredient costs prior to submitting the claim to the processor.
- Perform a series of post-edits with specific messages added to the claim response for review.
Real time pre- and post-claim edits.
Financial savings and revenue enhancement
- Verifies current ingredient cost is submitted on each claim by comparing the price in the third-party file, updated daily. If the price in file is higher, the price is automatically updated before submission.
- Identifies inappropriate quantities for products dispensed as milliliters, grams, or total packs and messages with suggested proper pack sizes.
- Identifies claims submitted with a discontinued NDC based on customer-defined thresholds––giving the pharmacy time to work through its inventory following discontinuation.
Audit and Regulatory Compliance
- Validate prescriber identifiers and check for conditions such as DEA or NPI identifiers that have been expired for greater than 30 days or that are invalid.
- Evaluate commonly audited products for specific fields such as day supply, new prescription requirement, and date written.
- Detect suspect combinations of products and DAW fields likely to lead to under-reimbursement or audit risks. These edits also help monitor many state-specific regulations around acceptable DAW usage.
- Help ensure compliancy for third-party negative formulary and narrow therapeutic programs in which certain drugs should not be interchanged by pharmacists.
- Provide assistance with specific payer requirements, support pharmacy operations, reduce audit risks, and maximize reimbursement.
- Third-party edits include audit alerts regarding payer day supply and refill requirements, as well as hard copy documentation guidelines.
Need support for
Explore related solutions
- Turn Rx® Discover more about our pharmacy inventory management solution that uses analytics and a web interface to track and manage pharmacy inventory. Learn more
- Enterprise Pharmacy System™ See how our pharmacy management solution enables efficient prescription fulfillment, facilitates compliance, and advances customer care and satisfaction. Learn more
- DIR Advisor Learn more
- Rx CardFinder™ Services Discover how our flexible pharmacy claims processing and efficient pharmacy benefit management services support improved processes while controlling drug costs. Learn more
Join Community discussions
Find and share knowledge, exchange ideas, and collaborate with peers and Change Healthcare experts to drive your solutions to success.