InterQual Criteria is developed with rigor and integrity by our clinical development team of physicians, registered nurses, and allied health professionals, and incorporates peer review by our national, clinical review panel of more than 900 independent, multidisciplinary experts. This flyer outlines the five stages of our development process.
Learn about the five-step process:
- Research--Identify content for development and updating
- Critical Appraisal--Teams identify and critically appraise clinical evidence
- Content Development--Physician-led groups develop new and updated content
- Peer Review & Validation--Independent clinical review panel drawn from more than 900 experts provides authoritative peer review
- Quality Assurance and Release--Clinical team conducts final quality assurance check and releases content