With the application of blockchain expanding across multiple industries––including healthcare––the technology is moving beyond the nascent stage. Today, organizations are focused on identifying those applications that create tangible business impact and drive value for customers. In healthcare, the prospect of a universal ledger for claims and transactions, as well as for patient records requiring consent, are compelling early applications. But many more are emerging.
On today’s episode, Emily Bailey, director of Blockchain Product Development at Change Healthcare, is joined by Brian Behlendorf, executive director of the Hyperledger Project, an open source collaborative effort created to advance cross-industry blockchain technologies, to discuss the challenges and opportunities surrounding blockchain adoption.
Here's what they discussed:
- Hyperledger and its role in advancing blockchain technology
- How the open source blockchain movement is creating enterprise value
- Moving beyond the bootstrapping stage and toward production scaling
- Technology, governance, and integration challenges
- Promising blockchain applications in healthcare today
- The evolution of consumer digital identity in healthcare