Achieve Results with IT Project Management
A small managed-care health plan, located on the West Coast, sought an experienced IT project manager to manage a high-profile compliance project to achieve CAQH CORE Phase I, II and III certifications. Not only was this a complex, multi-departmental effort, but there were hefty fines if the tight nine-month deadline was not met. The PMP-certified Change Healthcare Consultant led a cross-functional team in the implementation of new electronic data interchange transactions and testing with the CAQH organization to ultimately achieve the mandated certification.
Following the original implementation, the client continued to supply multiple projects to the project manager. These projects varied in size and scope, and ranged from a single assignment at a time to multiple, simultaneous assignments.
- Tight timeline and few resources for high-profile, state-mandated compliance project
- Demand for an up-to-date, cloud-based ITMS application
- Inadequate provider data management processes and reporting
- Lacked an experienced IT project manager to implement and launch a new Medicaid benefit
- On-time, under-budget project delivery successfully mitigated the risk of substantial penalties ($1.5 million/year)
- Managed the successful implementation of Remedyforce from selection through enterprise roll-out
- Established a provider network system that delivers data to multiple partners and feeds a real-time web portal
- Successfully launched a new, coordinated care benefit for Medicaid Members
All four major projects, and additional smaller projects, were completed with the highest regard for industry project management standards. The client’s most significant achievement was the successful launch of a new Medicaid member benefit, developed in collaboration with the state. The Change Healthcare consultant also led local health plan collaboration strategy sessions to develop a regional standard for provider data exchange. From the successful launch of the initial project to the closeout of the final project, the Change Healthcare project manager was onsite for more than four years, shepherding more than ten projects to completion.