May 6, 2020
New Electronic Claims Connections
If you are using the payer name “COVID 19 HRSA Uninsured Testing and Treatment Fund,” please add it to the payer alias for CPID 4019 and/or 8748.
Read the complete update.
April 1, 2020
Codes and Medicare Fee Updates
Change Healthcare has completed the processing of the 2020 Medicare fee schedules and the new 2020 codes. Outpatient Hospital, ASC, and Professional Medicare based contracts now reflect Medicare's April 1 reimbursement and rules.
Please keep in mind that until we have received sufficient encounter data from your facility with the new 2020 codes, Auto-Add may not find matching encounters or be able to add additional codes to your estimate.
Additionally, codes no longer active for billing in 2020 have been removed and are no longer available for estimation.
This update includes the new COVID-19 codes:
- U0001 - CDC 2019 NOVEL CORONAVIRUS RT RT-PCR DX PANEL
- U0002 - 2019-NCOV CORONAVIRUS SARS-COV-2/2019-NCOV
- G2023 - Specimen collection for severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) (Coronavirus disease [COVID-19]), any specimen sourceG2024
- G2024 - Specimen collection for severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) (Coronavirus disease [COVID-19]), from an individual in a skilled nursing facility or by a laboratory on behalf of a home health agency, any specimen source
- 87635 - Infectious agent detection by nucleic acid (DNA or RNA); severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) (Coronavirus disease [COVID-19]), amplified probe technique
- U07.1 ICD-10 COVID-19 virus identified
Be advised that there are continual legislative changes regarding the patient responsibility for testing and treatment of COVID-19. Estimates are generated based on the standard system functionality using facility CDM pricing, negotiated insurance contract allowable and specific patient insurance benefits. Your facility-specific determined processes and procedures should be used to make changes to the estimate and to provide the most accurate patient-estimated responsibility. A standard system message will be displayed within the estimation process to provide an alert regarding the nature of these codes.
All new codes that are active on your facility CDM file will be available for estimation upon the receipt and processing of the next CDM submitted to Change Healthcare.
Action required: None. Please be aware of the update above.
March 19, 2020
New Payer Edit Requirement
We have updated our systems to accept the following COVID-19 HCPCS/CPT-4 codes:
- U0001: 2019 Novel Coronavirus Real Time RT-PCR Diagnostic Test Panel for use by CDC testing laboratories.
- U0002: 2019-nCoV Coronavirus, SARS-CoV-2/2019-nCoV (COVID-19) using any technique, multiple types or subtypes (includes all targets) for use by non-CDC testing laboratories.
- 87635: Infectious agent detection by nucleic acid (DNA or RNA); severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) (Coronavirus disease [COVID-19]), amplified probe technique.
Please visit the AMA's CPT Assistant, the official source for CPT coding guidance, for more information related to the new COVID-19 HCPCS/CPT-4 Codes.