Steve has a deep understanding of healthcare developed over more than 20 years of practical experience and extensive education. He has a proven ability to successfully deliver large-scale transformation programs and focuses on the intersection between business and technology and strategic planning and execution. Steve’s areas of specialty include strategic planning, problem analysis and decision-making, vendor assessment and selection, program and portfolio leadership, and data analytics and reporting.
- Significant healthcare industry experience, including executive and senior management roles involving Medicaid, Medicare, project management, health plan operations, claims system migrations and implementations, configuration, and benefits
- Proficient with vendor assessment and selection and project portfolio management.
- As program manager, led claims system replacement program for a 1 million-member commercial health plan; led staff of up to 150 resources across multiple vendors, including an offshore development team
- Conducted strategic IT and operations assessments for two Texas Medicaid health plans
- Served as an IT director responsible for dental, life, and disability plans, and enterprise provider and pricing systems for a large commercial Blues plan
- 22+ years’ healthcare experience
- Master of Science, Health Policy and Management, Harvard School of Public Health, Harvard University