Karen has more than 30 years of experience in healthcare, from operational to senior management positions, and has worked with a variety of health plan delivery systems administering commercial, Medicare, Medicaid, high-risk pools, individual, group health, and life products. Her consulting roles have ranged from business analyst and subject matter expert to business lead and project manager. She is focused on engaging clients and delivering results that optimize health plan operations, reduce administrative costs, improve quality, and add overall value for the client and their customers.
- Focus areas include executive management – health plan operations, system assessment, replacements, implementations, selection and procurement, project management, business analysis, organizational transformation, compliance, and regulatory remediation
- As VP of operations and IT, managed the transition of staff to a business process outsourcing organization while maintaining operational and technical support of services; managed the IT transformation
- Served in director and manager-level roles with MCOs and a BCBS plan with a focus on business process re-engineering and operational efficiencies, strategic planning and new business startups, CMS, and other regulatory compliance and oversight issues
- Results- Oriented
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- 30+ years of healthcare management and consulting experience
- Bachelor of Science, Business and Administration, Indiana Wesleyan University