Let's Talk Interop: Straight Talk on TEFCA
Today’s panel includes: Paul Wilder, Executive Director, CommonWell Alliance; Genevieve Morris, Senior Director, Clinical Interoperability Strategy, Change Healthcare; and Robert Connely, Vice President, Business Development Provider Network, Change Healthcare.
Here’s what they chatted about:
- What is the current state of healthcare network communication and what challenges lie ahead?
- What is TEFCA and how will it affect the future of interoperability?
- Which questions surrounding TEFCA still need to be answered?
- What are CommonWell Health Alliance’s plans around TEFCA?
- What are the pros and cons of TEFCA’s structure and being a Qualified Health Information Network (QHIN)?
- How can vendors help support QHINs?
- Paul Wilder LinkedIn
- Genevieve Morris LinkedIn
- Robert Connely LinkedIn
- Trusted Exchange Framework and Common Agreement (TEFCA)
- CommonWell Health Alliance Submits Comments to ONC [PDF]
- Change Healthcare Introduces Market Insights: Providing Visibility into Trends Driving the U.S. Healthcare System
- While there’s still much to be decided, ONC’s rollout of TEFCA should be applauded.
- Because many questions remain unanswered, we’ll need to continually monitor TEFCA as it evolves.
- TEFCA’s progress will largely hinge on establishing trust between those requesting and sharing data.