Taking Clinical Decision Support Beyond PAMA’s Mandate
Dr. Ryan Lee of Einstein Healthcare Network on the value of a collaborative approach to Clinical Decision Support that goes beyond mandated use in radiology.
The Protecting Access to Medicare Act (PAMA) ties imaging reimbursement to using clinical decision support (CDS) to help ensure medical necessity. But why stop there? On today’s show, Dr. Ryan Lee with the Einstein Healthcare Network in Philadelphia shares how Einstein has gone beyond compliance to embrace a broad and collaborative use of CDS.
Greg Mogel is the Chief Medical Officer for CareSelect at Change Healthcare. Dr. Ryan Lee is an Associate Professor of Radiology at Thomas Jefferson University and leads radiology, quality, and safety programs at the Einstein Healthcare Network in Philadelphia.
- CDS impact on compliance, cost, and quality
- Substituting medical evidence for anecdotal judgment
- Lessons learned about the keys to CDS success
- Determining the best study, the wrong study, or no study
- Streamlining preauthorization for commercial insurers and Medicare
- Applying CDS to pediatric cases
- Reducing unnecessary imaging, costs, and exposure to radiation
- Ryan Lee’s bio
- Greg Mogel’s bio
- CareSelect® Imaging
- Bringing Clinical Decision Support to Imaging to Assure PAMA Compliance
- Audiobook: Aligning the Lab with the Hospital’s Strategic Priorities
- Your PAMA Questions Answered
- Audiobook: The New PAMA Math
- Change Healthcare Industry Insights
- COVID-19 Updates and Resources
- COVID-19 Updates Newsletter
- Change Healthcare Insights Newsletter