Cost Transparency: Driving Better, More Informed Care Decisions
In this episode, host Ed Domansky talks with Mike Peresie about the opportunities and challenges payers face in implementing price transparency in healthcare. Mike is the senior vice president and general manager of the Medical Network business at Change Healthcare.
- Defining and describing transparency in healthcare
- The regulatory issues: What they are and how they affect payers
- What’s keeping payers up at night?
- What is the payer’s role in enabling transparency?
- With responsibility comes opportunity for payers … and providers
- Beyond just regulatory compliance: It’s important for payers and providers to share data
- The solution: How Change Healthcare helps to educate and influence the industry around cost/price transparency
- Mike Peresie’s bio
- Transparency in Coverage final rule
- No Surprises Act
- Requirements Related to Surprise Billing; Part I Interim Final Rule with Comment Period
- True View™ Plus