Payers Stepping Up to Be Part of the COVID-19 Solution
Beginning with their move to provide free COVID-10 care, payers have been looking for solutions since the pandemic hit. But they face up-hill challenges in providing care for COVID-19 patients and those who’ve delayed their healthcare, along with the growing number of uninsured.
Matt Eyles, CEO of America’s Health Insurance Plans (AHIP), speaks to Change Healthcare’s Carolyn Wukitch about how plans can ensure that patients are covered, providers can get back to work, and payers themselves can stay afloat.
Here’s what they covered:
- Planning for 2021 with all the COVID-19 uncertainty
- Follow-up to patients who delayed care/treatment
- Continued growth in telehealth for the foreseeable future
- Payers actively supporting providers on the front line
- How AHIP is helping the newly unemployed
- Removing cost barriers to treatment
- The impact of an increase in Medicaid members
- How COVID-19 will impact provide networks
- Role of COVID-18 testing in reopening the economy and health care