The pandemic left payers, providers, and regulators no choice but to fully embrace telehealth--finally. CMS, ONC, and payers expanded coverage. Providers flocked to telehealth to mitigate the risk of in-person visits and ensure care delivery. In the aftermath, the benefits and limitations of “telehealth,” and the promise of a true virtual care model, are now clear—as are the gaps that must be closed, such as enabling labs, e-prescriptions, remote imaging, expanded eligibility, claims management, and more.
On today’s show, G. Shah, VP of Platform and Marketplace, convenes a Change Healthcare expert panel to discuss how COVID-19 upended the telehealth trend, the trajectory of telehealth’s evolution into a true virtual care model, and what’s needed from a business and technology standpoint to get there. On the panel: Ian Ellis, VP and general manager of Clinical Exchange; Cindy Klain, VP of Medical Network; and Greg Jones, director of Product Management.
Here’s the deep dive they took into the present and future of virtual care:
- Expanding the footprint of care
- Patients seeing remote providers: How do they get their labs and prescriptions?
- How payers and providers can get started with telehealth
- Digital health companies and innovation
- Using APIs to build better solutions
- Ensure providers are equally supported in the telehealth model
- From telehealth to true virtual care: the next vista
- The bookends of the financial journey for telehealth providers
- The financial model of providing care
- Virtual labs and prescriptions
- Virtual imaging
- Virtual medical eligibility and claims management
- Using bundled APIs to help telehealth providers create better experiences
- Towards continuous care from an episodic care model
- Eliminating complexity
- APIs only a telehealth provider could love
- This time next year: What does virtual care success look like?
1. G. Shah’s bio
2. Ian Ellis’ bio
3. Cindy Klain’s bio
4. Greg Jones’ bio
5. Change Healthcare Launches Suite of Solutions to Support and Accelerate the Adoption of Virtual Care
6. Telehealth Medical Eligibility and Claims Management API Bundle
7. Telehealth Lab Orders, Results, and ePrescribe API Bundle
8. Virtual Care Enablement
9. API & Services Connection™ for Healthcare
10. COVID-19 Updates and Resources