Welcome to the Capitol Connection, a quarterly update on what's happening on Capitol Hill and in various state legislatures around healthcare policy. Our special guest today is Mary Grealy, President of the Healthcare Leadership Council. The HLC is a coalition of chief executives from all disciplines in U.S. healthcare. It’s the exclusive forum for healthcare leaders to develop policies, plans, and programs to achieve a 21st century system that makes affordable, quality care accessible to all Americans.
Your hosts for today’s show are Deanne Kasim, Executive Director of Health Policy at Change Healthcare, and Angela Evatt, Senior Manager of State Policy Strategy at Change Healthcare.
Here's what the panel included in this quarter’s Capitol Connection:
- Background on the HLC
- The latest information on federal and state policies in response to COVID-19
- The next relief package: thoughts and priorities
- What’s next for Congress this summer
- Will states’ relaxed telehealth requirements last?
- Ensuring appropriate use of telehealth
- Update on the HLC’s Disaster Preparedness Task Force
- How policy has shifted due to and during the pandemic
- Pondering COVID-19’s impact on upcoming elections
- How election campaigns are changing due to the pandemic
- Changes to anticipate on policy issues of focus by candidates
- How a second viral wave might change the policy landscape
- Mary Grealy’s bio
- Deanne Kasim's bio
- Angela Evatt's bio
- Healthcare Leadership Council
- A National COVID-19 Surveillance System: Achieving Containment
- Change Healthcare Government Affairs
- COVID-19 Updates and Resources