It’s evident to Dr. David Shulkin that the path to re-open business safely is not exclusively guided by local, state, and national government. Employers, together with government and health systems, play pivotal roles. On today’s show, Deanne Kasim joins Arien Malec to lead a compelling discussion with Dr. Shulkin, the 9th Secretary of the Department of Veterans Affairs. Dr. Shulkin draws on his deep experience in the public and private sectors to share advice for employers nationwide who are working out their re-opening plans.
Today’s episode features Deanne Kasim, Executive Director of Health Policy for Change Healthcare; Dr. David Shulkin, the Ninth Secretary of the US Department of Veterans Affairs, and Arien Malec, SVP of Research & Development for Change Healthcare.
- Lessons the U.S. has learned about managing COVID-19
- Challenges health systems must still address
- How employers can work with government and public health authorities to reopen businesses safely
- Predictions for the state of work over the next year
- Lasting changes in employment safety and workplace design
- Ways employers can prepare for any future health emergencies
- How USHealthyWork is supporting employers
- How employers can navigate reopening offices across states with varying safety recommendations
- Why government, employers, and health systems must collaborate on a national strategy for re-opening the country