HHS released its final EHR interoperability and data-blocking rules on March 9, moving the industry another step closer to putting the patient in the driver’s seat for healthcare decisions and accountability. Our expert panel weighs in on the significance of the rules, who is impacted, and what the rules mean in the context of creating a consumer-driven healthcare system.
Our panel includes:
- Genevieve Morris, owner of Integral Health Strategies
- Paul Wilder, executive director for CommonWell Health Alliance
- Shez Partovi, M.D., worldwide lead for Healthcare, Life Sciences, Genomics, Medical Devices, and AgTech for Amazon Web Services
- Podcast host Gautam “G” Shah, vice president of Platform and Marketplace for Change Healthcare.
Here’s what the panel discussed:
- Data liquidity’s impact on clinical decision making and the individual’s care journey
- How freeing the data will impact the industry in the next five years
- Key takeaways from how data exchange transformed the banking and airline industries
- Technology without policy precludes interoperability
- The importance of a FHIR API
- Advice from each expert to our listeners