Government officials are weighing testing, tracing, and isolating the public while pondering how and when to restart the economy. As a former ONC leader and current HITAC member, Change Healthcare's SVP of product R&D Arien Malec is watching the COVID-19 policy proposals currently in play.
On today's episode, Arien is joined by Deanne Kasim, executive director of Health Policy at Change Healthcare, for a wide-ranging discussion of COVID-19 testing and surveillance policy proposals. Here’s what they hit upon.
- What American healthcare needs to accommodate effective COVID-19 surveillance
- Takeaways from the Duke-Margolis report on a national surveillance system
- Proposals for getting people back to work during COVID-19
- Social distancing and lockdowns while waiting for a vaccine
- Proposed strategies and global practices for controlling the spread of disease while reopening the economy
- Arien Malec’s bio
- Deanne Kasim’s bio
- A New Strategy for Bringing People Back to Work During COVID-19
- A National COVID-19 Surveillance System: Achieving Containment
- Data Interoperability and Exchange to Support COVID-19 Containment
- Change Healthcare Government Affairs
- COVID-19 Updates and Resources