Please be advised that Change Healthcare has become aware of suspicious activities whereby unknown, non-Change Healthcare-affiliated groups are using the Change Healthcare name and logos in employment scams. Change Healthcare takes this matter seriously, and is working closely with the appropriate authorities to effectively address the issue.
By making you aware of this, we hope to avoid, and ultimately prevent, unsuspecting individuals from falling victim to this scam. Examples of such scams include:
- Questionnaire-based employment interviews
- Questionnaire-based decisions to hire
- Requiring payment (or pre-payment) for Visa applications or processing services
- Employment offers over social media, such as Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.
These scams may appear legitimate, so it is important for prospective applicants to research the legitimacy of any recruitment communication to avoid falling victim to such scams.
Although counterfeit recruiting communications can be difficult to detect, there are often common indicators to help spot fraudulent correspondence. For example, Change Healthcare and its affiliated companies will never ask for fees or upfront payments during the recruitment process or as part of an offer of employment, nor will ask for new hires to pay any fees associated with their employment, including Visa applications. Other common indicators:
- Unsolicited communications
- Misspellings of Change Healthcare in domain names or e-mail addresses
- Non-Change Healthcare e-mail addresses (e.g.: Outlook.com, gmail.com, or Yahoo.com)
- Offers of employment without physical interviews
- Requests for payment to apply for a job
- Requests for financial account details
- Requests for personally identifying information (Social Security Number, Social Insurance Number, National Insurance Number, passport information, passwords, etc.)
- Requests for payments to be sent to a third-party, and
- Requests for payment for professional or business opportunities
If you have any questions regarding the authenticity of any communication purportedly by or on behalf of Change Healthcare or an affiliated company, please take immediate measures by filing a report through The Internet Crime Complaint Centre (IC3).