It’s no secret that artificial intelligence (AI) is changing healthcare’s approach to imaging. As AI algorithms are added to new and existing solutions, AI is helping clinicians make appropriate clinical decisions faster.
We interviewed Ran Rumianek, Executive Director of Artificial Intelligence and Growth at Change Healthcare, to dig into the rise of AI in imaging, its promise and apparent benefits, and advice for how providers can harness the potential of AI today and in the future.
Here’s what was covered in the interview:
- How AI can help automate repetitive tasks for administrators and clinicians (01:30)
- Narrow vs. general AI, and the impact on productivity and patient care (04:34)
- Interpretation and the radiologist’s evolving role in an AI world (07:21)
- The psychological impact of AI on clinician job satisfaction (08:59)
- Obstacles to AI adoption and how to address them (10:41)
- AI’s benefits: hype or reality? (13:00)
- The nexus of cloud-based services, AI, and accessibility for imaging (14:20)
- Guidance for IT leaders preparing for AI (16:51)
As more organizations adopt enterprise imaging solutions that cross service lines, improvements in care team coordination are ...