Welcome to the Capitol Connection, a quarterly update on what’s happening on Capitol Hill and various state legislature sessions around healthcare policy. Your hosts are Deanne Kasim, Executive Director of Health Policy at Change Healthcare; and Angela Evatt, Senior Manager, State Policy Strategy at Change Healthcare.
Here’s what’s covered in this quarter’s report:
- The trend of state-based broad data privacy bills
- State vs. federal privacy provisions & the California Consumer Privacy Act
- Compliance challenges of juggling multiple state laws instead of one federal law
- How should health app data & other non-HIPAA regulated data be governed?
- Bringing transparency to how data is used without stifling innovation
- States testing public insurance options and addressing challenges to the ACA
- State approaches to Medicaid expansion, including the block grant system
- Petitions to CMS to add work requirements to state Medicaid programs
- CMS price cost transparency rules and related litigation
- Everything You Dare to Ask About Healthcare Interoperability
- Getting A Second Opinion on Healthcare with Senator William Frist
- Price Transparency is Coming for Payers, Providers, and Pharma. Are You Ready?
- The New PAMA Math
Healthcare Dive’s Ron Shinkman covered the release of the 2020 Industry Pulse Report, an annual study commissioned by Change Healthcare and the HealthCare Executive Group ...